Anorexia – an eating disorder which causes a significant weight loss, which might be dangerous and even lethal, if not stopped on time. Anorexia is a personality disorder stemming from several factors, but in recent decades the main cause is a problem of self-esteem conception and the ability to perceive self in an adequate way.
Healthy soul in a healthy body – products of Tivoni Company are helping to create inner balance which supports the person and his struggle with the pressure of the modern western society. All in all, it might improve or prevent disorders created by the modern culture, such as this one.
Treatment by Tivoni
|Anorexia||Direction for use||Monthly|
|Cell Oxygen 2||1 tablespoon, 3 times a day, with meal (start gradually).||2 Bottles|
|CareTiv||2-3 capsules, twice a day, about 30 minutes far from meal.||2-3 Boxes|
|WellTiv-1||1-1½ tablespoon a day, with cup of warm water or warm tea before bedtime, far from meal.||2 Boxes|
|T-3||1 full tablespoon, 2-3 times a day, with cup of water or juice, far from meal.||2 Boxes|
|BeauTiv||2 capsules, twice a day, with meal.||2 Boxes|
|*For the most comprehensive and precise treatment, and in severe cases, please contact the Training Division of TIVONI by firstname.lastname@example.org|
Did you know?
- Anorexia is lethal in 5% of the cases.
- Men suffer from anorexia 20 times more than women
- The numbers of people with this disorder has doubled since the 60’s.
Symptoms of Anorexia
- Dramatic weight loss
- Discussing food in terms of good and evil
- Increased consumption of herbal teas and other hot drinks in order to suppress hunger
- Avoiding social contacts and tendency to converge
- Sleeping disorder
- Nail and hair loss
Factors of Anorexia
Anorexia’s factors are mental, biological and genetic, as well as the values and norms accepted in the family, the society and the culture, which indicates the acknowledgment of a person as a successful one. The chance to suffer from anorexia increases when the pressure for achievements is high, as well as the socio-economic level of the family (which creates high demands and expectations).
Types of Anorexia
This illness is being represented in two ways, in which the patients try to lose weight:
- “No entry” – in this situation, the person who suffers from the disease believes that the less food comes inside – the less weight will be gained. This kind tries to keep and lose weight by fasting, excessive exercise and a general refusal to eat.
- Each downfall is a sign for uprising and vice versa – In this case there is a “vicious magic circle”. The patient takes drastic actions in order to reduce weight fast (such as vomiting, diarrhea and fasting), but afterwards the body demands back what it has lost, which leads to compulsive eating, and so it goes on and on.
Diagnosis of Anorexia
The disorder is diagnosed by 4 criteria, according to the American Psychiatric Diagnosis book, an accepted source for diagnosing mental illness:
- The person had dropped his weight down to 15% below the minimum weight to his age and height and refuses to gain and keep the normal weight.
- The person is being obsessive over counting calories and afraid to gain weight and be perceived as a fat person.
- Distorted body concept – the person does not understand what is a normal body is, overrating the importance of skinny stature, disgusted by the sight of fat and doesn’t recognize the severity of his low weight.
- For women – menopause. For men – low testosterone level.